Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

When it Rains, it Pours

.....ok, I live in Texas. It's June 16. It was 100 outside today. Hold on, lemme start at the beginning....

Friday afternoon, I took the van to a local shop to get the switch for the A/C fixed. For the past 3 months or so, it either blew full blast on the highest setting, or wouldn't blow at all. We knew it was the reostat switch, so I took it in. Wednesday, the blower started making a 'whirring' noise. I told the "mechanis" this, hoping they would look at that also. They told me they would call me once they looked at it to tell me what was wrong and how much it would cost. Tuesday afternoon rolled around, no call, no word. We drove by there on the way home. My husband, who has a much, shall we say, calmer demeanor than I do, got out and asked about it. Not only did they NOT call, they FIXED IT - without notifying us. We told them this, and their response was, "Well, it's fixed and that will be $205. You have to pay it to get the van back." OK, we paid it. (That's another story too - so, if you live in the Crowley, TX area, call me so I can steer you away from these crooks) The switch did work, but the blower still made the sound.

When I left for work this morning at 5:45, it was 82 degrees. The blower and the switch worked. When I got in the car at 3:45 to go home from work, the blower didn't. Needless to say, I was angry. I had to pick up the kiddo and drive the hour home in 100 degree heat with no air.

I went to Autozone to see if it would be something I could fix on my own. They suggested, since the blower involves the electrical system, that I take it to a mechanic. They recommended one, a different one, and I took it there. Tom was SUPER NICE and I gave him the receipt from the other place and told him the part they replaced has a 1 year warranty. He's going to call around and see where they got it (thank God we live in a smaller town) and HE will honor the warranty! I should know tomorrow what's up - he guaranteed me he would call.

Please pray for warranty work and not too much more monetary damage.

2 comments:

Miranda said...

With the good, comes bad. But at least you seem to have gotten the bad over with first, this time! Praying for a swift resolution and non-empty wallets on your part! Love you guys so... btw, yesterday was so cool, the heater kept kicking on!
~Miranda

CrazyMom said...

EEK! #$%#$^@#$%^ Hope you got a swift resolution on this!

Post a Comment